Tuesday, October 12, 2010

::: So It Begins :::

Forza Craft Stores

We would love to have the pictures of everyone who is participating in the Forza group posted on day one, but for now...  we'll just start with the three of us.


I have three terrific sisters (and of course a wonderful mother) who craft, so being a guy, I'm not completely out of my element in this industry.  Nearly two years ago I was lucky enough to receive an invite from Dan Nelson, Making Memories' CEO, to join the team as National Account Manager, working with various chain stores.  Most recently, I've had the privilege of joining forces with Ashley and Amanda to work together in helping our independent stores improve sales.

I completed my MBA almost three years ago and out of all the education - and paying all that tuition - I arrived at the conclusion:  Success comes from a concerted team effort, not the talents of a single individual.  It was in groups, and working in teams, where the best ideas were generated.  It was working together, we built upon one another's concepts, talents and strengths.

It was with this in mind, along with input and insight from various others along the way (to all we publicly say, Thank You), we came up with the idea of creating a group of like-minded, like-focused, like-driven people to help grow and carry on the crafting tradition. 

Thank you!  Thank you for joining with us! 

It will be through you, and us, working together which will turn this concept into a reality!

Rich Day

To Be Continued...

5 comments:

  1. having trouble registering for the webinar.... so I hope you will post here to keep us updated on the goings on of this group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this group is a great idea and I know our store will benefit from it. It would be nice to see some of your slides from the webinar posted on here, since it was a little difficult to listen & take notes. I'd also love to see the photos of Dee's store posted on here.

    I'm Julie & I do all the marketing & web stuff for Twila at Whimzee's Scrapbook Studio in Beaverton, Oregon and I can't wait to meet the people from the other stores.

    Thank you for doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for forming this group! Having the only scrapbook/craft store in my area, I find it hard to network. We also only opened in August! So I am starting out. I am the only one running the business with the help of my husband. One major thing that I would like to see is some sort of resource for individuals who would like to teach classes and are qualified so that us shop owners can find them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is there any way to get transcripts of the webinars? I have an online store, but I am deaf so am not able to participate in the conference calls. Thanks for any help you can provide.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jill,

    Email me directly and I will send you the Webinar PowerPoints: rday@makingmemories.com

    ReplyDelete